Rules & Regulations
Wahoo Shootout Rules
- Boats may leave 5:00 AM
- Radio communication is Channel 72
- All Vessels will be inspected prior to check out by Official Tournament Personal
- No wake zone rules will be enforced!
- Lines in water at 6:00 AM
- Lines out by 4:00 PM
- Six lines maximum
- Wire lines and planers will be permitted (no electric reels)
- Three (3) heaviest fish per boat will count towards score for each day.
- Total pounds for the both days will determine top teams.
- GPS TRACKS Will Confirm conformity of Rules each day
- Ties will be broken by first fish weighed
- 75 NM limit. Boats most remain in the circumference (no landfall).
- GPS TRACKS Will Confirm conformity of Rules each day By Tournament Official.
- Tournament Official is someone appointed at any time by Tournament Director.
- Boats must possess proper Visas, cruising and fishing permits
- Live, dead, or artificial bait may be used
- Fish may not be transferred from boat to another boat
- There is no weather provision and solely at Captain’s discretion
- Committee reserves the right to inspect fish holds and GPS plotter tracks at any time.
- Any Tournament Member, or Members which try to manipulate, circumvent or break any of the rules knowingly or not, will be disqualified for the day & may be disqualified for the event, solely at the discretion of the Tournament. Director.
- Protests must be filed by 6:00 PM each day with a $500.00 deposit
- All Boats must be back and tied up at the dock by 5:00 PM to qualified for weigh-in
- Any boats after 5:00 PM will not be able to weigh in any fish.
- All teams are recommended to synchronize their timepieces with the time Tournament Director.
- No extra time will be granted to any team under any circumstances.
- All decisions by committee are final!
- The $20,000.00 Cash Prize is Based on 20 Boats Paid Participation.
Weigh In Procedure
- Scales will open at 3:30 PM and close at 5:30 PM
- Call in by radio (ch 72) when you reach no wake zone
- When you are called in please have bow and stern lines ready
- Choose five largest to be weighed and three heaviest fish will go towards score
- All Fished weighed will be final at time of weigh in.
- All fished marked By Tournament Personal cutting off tail fin & returned at time of weigh-in
- Tournament will be canceled in the event of a major named stormed. A full refund will be issued within 30 days of the cancellation of the tournament.
- The amount of 25% of that refund will be held as a FULL CREDIT towards next year’s tournament.
- Mechanical breakdowns do not institute cause for a refund & will be handle on a case by case basis.
- In any other weather related instances the majority of boats rules, (if more come then decline to attend), no cancellations will be permitted.
- Any smaller boat’s not being able to make the trip will be given a 50% refund & a 50% credit towards next years event for those who did not attend.
- Tournament Director has final decision on all refunds, minus reasonable cost involved.
- First Place: Total weight of up to the Heaviest 6 Fish, minimum 2 Fish to Qualify.
- Second Place Total Weight of up to next in line Heaviest 6 Fish, minimum 2 Fish to Qualify.
- Third Place Single Heaviest Fish.